RSVP Networks Inc. will be referred to as "HelloRSVP," "we," “our,” or "us" in this Agreement. The "HelloRSVP group" refers to corporate affiliates of HelloRSVP.
1. Collection of InformationWe collect information that you provide us, from third parties, and automatically when you use our Platform. We collect information associated with your device using cookies and similar technologies. We may also receive information about your location.
Information You Provide UsWe collect information that you provide us, including your account and profile information, content you submit or post to our Platform, your purchase information, your communications, and information you provide to us as part of surveys and contests.
Account and Profile Information. When you create an account on our Platform, we collect information you provide us, like your name, email address, interests, gender, age, and profile information.
Content you Submit. We collect information and content that you submit or post to our Platform, including your photos, comments, reviews, searches, photo notes, projects, and discussions.
Purchases. If you purchase or sell products within our Platform, we collect certain information in order to process your purchases and sales, such as your phone number, address, and payment method (for example, credit card or bank account information).
Surveys and Contests. If you participate in our surveys, contests, or promotions, we will collect the information you provide to us.
Information from OthersWe collect information that others provide us, including information from other platforms, publicly available information, information from other users of our Platform, information from our partners and corporate affiliates, and information from third-party sites.
Other Platforms. We may receive information about you from third-party platforms that obtain your permission to share this information with us. If you choose to sign-up for our Platform through Facebook or Google or upload your contacts from your third-party email service, you will be asked to share certain information with us as identified by those third-party platforms.
Publicly Available Information. Others may post content on our Platform that includes information about you (for example, as part of photos or stories). If you are a vendor or seller, we may also collect information about you from publicly available sources and make it available as part of our Platform. For example, we may receive your name and contact information from industry associations and dealer networks in which you participate and display your affiliation with these organizations.
Other Users. In order to enhance the quality of our Platform, vendors and sellers on our Platform may provide us information about your engagement with them, including whether you have contacted them or responded to them, whether your project has been completed, and whether you have received a product you have ordered. If you are a vendor or seller, Platform users and visitors may provide us with feedback and public reviews about you.
Our Partners. We may receive information about you from our partners. For example, our payment processors may update your payment information, advertising partners may help us send communications to your address, and third parties may help us prevent fraud by verifying your contact information.
HelloRSVP Group. Subject to the privacy policies of our corporate affiliates and in accordance with applicable laws, we may receive information about you from them.
Automatically Collected InformationWe collect information about your use of our Platform, including your search activity, the pages you view, the date and time of your visit, and if you use our browser extensions, content you interact with on third-party sites. We also collect information that your device provides to us in connection with your use of our Platform, such as your browser type, type of device, browser language, IP address, mobile carrier, unique device identifier, location, and requested and referring URLs.
Location InformationWe will receive your device's location if you enable this through your browser or mobile device. We may infer your general location from your IP address. You may also choose to provide us your location information by inputting this information in our Platform, including in your settings or when you checkout as a shipping or billing address.
2. Use of InformationWe use the information we collect to provide, support, and personalize our Platform and to communicate with you about our Platform (on and off our Platform). The ways we do this include the following:
- to provide and improve our Platform's functionality, including to display content you post publicly; to fulfill your purchases through our Platform; to process, store, and deliver your communications; to provide customer service and support; to respond to your inquiries or requests; to back-up our systems; and to improve the security of our Platform;
- to evaluate use of our Platform for our business purposes and to improve and develop our products and services, including new products and services and our Platform's functionality;
- to personalize your experience, such as to tailor the content and information made available to you and our support services;
- to display relevant advertising (on our Platform and third-party sites) and to evaluate the success of our advertising;
- to provide feedback to vendors and sellers on our Platform;
- to perform research and analysis for our business purposes; and
- if you decide to participate, to administer surveys, contests, and promotions.
If you provide us information about your contacts (for example, when you sign up for our Platform through Facebook), in order to facilitate a more connected experience, we may inform your contacts who have accounts on our Platform that you also have joined our Platform and follow them on your behalf so that you may view their public activities on our Platform.
We may use your communications generally for quality assurance purposes and training and to improve our products and services. We may use your communications to understand and help manage the quality of requests received and responses sent by vendors and sellers on our Platform and to provide them feedback. We may use automated technology to review your communications and improve user experience.
We may use your log-in information, cookie information, device information and IP addresses to identify you and log your use across devices and our Platform. We may use your addresses to personalize your experience on our Platform.
For your convenience, unless you opt-out through your settings, we will store information about your payment method. If you make purchases on our Platform as a visitor and subsequently create an account, for your reference, we will make information available to you about any prior purchases completed using the email address for your account.
Any use of your information that is incompatible with these uses will be disclosed to you in advance so that you may opt out of such uses at your discretion.
3. Sharing Your InformationWe do not rent or sell your personal contact information (such as your email address associated with your account registration) to third parties to use for their own marketing purposes. We share information in the following ways:
Platform Visitors and UsersThough our Platform, others may find, contact, view, and follow your profile and public activity on our Platform (for example, if you "like" content on our Platform), including through your username. Unless you make them private using your settings and other tools, your photos, notes on others' photos, projects, discussions, social media profiles, followers, and others you follow are viewable and open to comments by others. If you are a vendor or seller, we may also display aggregated information about your activity in order to help visitors and users evaluate you, including your response rate and last visit to our Platform. We cannot control Platform visitors' and users' use of any information or content you choose to make available publicly.
Vendors, Sellers, and Other BusinessesIf you request us to find vendors for you, your project information (including the contact information) that you provide will be made available to a limited number of vendors that we believe may be suitable for your project. Vendors and sellers that participate on the HelloRSVP Platform may view your public activities on our Platform and receive feedback you provide to us about your engagement with them. For example, if you requested us to find vendors for you and provide us feedback about your level of interest in these vendors, we may convey such feedback to them. In addition, a vendor or seller can view your public activities on our Platform that are interactions with their content (for example, that you added one of their photos to your non-private Project on a particular date, as identified by the username for your profile and any photo or public identifiers you provide for your profile). The business cannot see your non-public account information (for example, email address) or see private activity (for example, if your Project is private). We ask vendors, sellers, and advertising businesses on our Platform to limit the use of your information to the reasons for which the information was provided. However, their use of your information is subject to their own privacy policies.
5. CommunicationAn essential part of our services that you sign up for when you create a HelloRSVP account on our Platform is to receive communications from the HelloRSVP group through email and our Platform. If you use our mobile app or provide us with your cell phone number, these communications also include text messages and push notifications. We communicate with you about your account, privacy, and interactions with your content (for example, if others "like" your Project, respond to your comment, or if you earn a badge on our Platform). We also ask for your feedback about your experience in connection with our Platform or about your home renovation and design plans. In accordance with applicable law, we communicate to you tips, offers, and similar services from the HelloRSVP group and may feature vendors, sellers, and other businesses on our Platform in these communications. You may change your communication preferences at any time through your settings and you may also opt-out of similar types of marketing emails from HelloRSVP directly through the email. Please be aware that you cannot opt-out of receiving account and privacy-related messages from us.
Our Platform also allows you and others to send messages in our Platform, share content with others outside our Platform, and if you make your contact information available, for others to contact you outside our Platform.
We will keep your personal information only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we are processing your personal information unless the law permits or requires us to retain your personal information for a longer period. For example, we may need to keep your personal data for quality assurance for our Platform or to defend future legal claims. We also will retain aggregated information after your account has been closed.Information you have shared with others will remain visible after you have closed your account or deleted the information from your own profile or account, and we do not control information or content that others have copied out of our Platform. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified, or deleted may continue to reside in our systems for a period of time, and we may maintain copies of this information as part of our business records.
7. ChildrenOur Platform is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will take appropriate steps to delete that information. If you become aware or believe that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us as provided in the Contact Us section.
8. Data SecurityWe use reasonable and appropriate measures to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the personal information.
- if you are a resident of the European Economic Area, please email us at EUprivacy@hellorsvp.com
- otherwise, please email us at email@example.com.
If you wish to learn more about specific legal grounds we rely on to process your information for any particular purpose (including any legitimate interests we have to process this information), please contact us as provided under the Contact Us section. For example, we rely on our legitimate interests to process information for direct marketing purposes and for fraud prevention and detection, provided these interests are not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
13. Your Data Protection Rights (European Economic Area)In some regions, such as the EEA, you may have certain rights in relation to your personal information, including the right to access, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal information. HelloRSVP takes reasonable steps to ensure that the data we collect is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and up to date. You also can manage your profile and settings within our Platform. However, if you are not a user of our Platform and you want to contact us directly about accessing, correcting, updating, or deleting your personal information, or altering your data or marketing preferences, you can do so at any time by contacting as provided in the Contact Us section. We will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information, or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us as provided in the Contact Us section. You also can deactivate your profile and obtain a copy of your information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We may ask you to verify your identity in order to help us respond efficiently to your request.
Effective May 25, 2018